Sunday, April 04, 2004

Now you think you're so damn fine

I lost myself today. I'm not sure about the thoughts that were running through my head when I felt my eyes swell up with tears. Or when I kicked you. Or when I screamed. Or when I tried to walk a straight line while feeling like my head had been disconnected from the rest of my body. Or when my hair was pulled.

Oh.. wait a sec. I think I do remember something. I wished that I was sitting on the grass in a park.

It was early. You were tired, so was I. No, you didn't know that I stayed up the entire night. And there you were complaining that you had only 3 hours of sleep. And there was nothing at the Camberwell market that interested me except for that charm bracelet, except it was too white. But noo you didn't care. You just wanted to go home and sleep. I tried to remind myself why I was there in the first place, and why you were too. But I couldn't remember a thing. It was a good feeling.. to cry. To let it out. In some strange sense, sometimes I look forward to this time of the month, as I know I'll be in tears most of the time for the first few days. And few days after. It's a way to release myself.

Please. Spare me. My having PMS and your frustration don't mix well, trust me. But do you listen? Nooo hell no. And when my tears start to fall you just start yelling your head off. And you didn't know I was on a quest to search for the perfect charm bracelet either. No, I didn't expect you to know, you're not God, just like you said. Because I don't like blabbing too much. Because I prefer being quiet. Because I personally fancy peace and silence. Aaaaand then you yell at me for talking too much and being indecisive.. but then I don't tell you that I was looking for a charm bracelet?

Wait, I don't think I myself knew what I was talking about in the last paragraph.

I watched Hanson's Penny & Me video on Launch yesterday and it put a smile on my face for a while. I swear, Taylor Hanson is so goddamn beautiful. Sometimes when a baby is born, God sends down the angels. And they will sprinkle stardust in his hair of gold, moonlight in his eyes of blue, and he will become a fragment of heaven so fine that no one who meets him will ever, ever be the same again.

Currently listening to: Hanson - Penny & Me

No comments: