Like, wow
I actually woke up early today. Yes, early! Wow. Shock. Horror. Well 1:30pm seems pretty early to me anyway, compared to my previous days when I woke up at around 6pm.
Hmm where shall I start.
I think I'll start with the events that took place today. So I woke up at 1:30pm. Gave my phone a few greasies for a while as it kept ringing non-stop, and forced myself out of bed. Why did I get up so early? I wasn't too sure either, but I couldn't fall back to sleep so I thought goddammit, what the heck, lets break the record today. So I got myself ready and actually bothered to put on some tinted moisturizer and blush today. I haven't been wearing anything else apart from my serum, eye cream and moisturizer for probably half a week already. I then packed up the box of items I had to send off to NSW and gave TNT a call to come pick up the box.
I ventured off to Gucci to see whether they had a certain bag I was after. Indeed, they did! My eyes lit up when the man who served me took it out from the drawer for me to drool all over it (well, not literally, that would've gotten me into a lot of trouble, wouldn't it?). They had only one Gucci bum bag left and in only one colour - black. I was surprised they even had stock as I thought it was a limited edition bag, it even appeared on Sex In The City. The man urged me to try it on around my hips and he even took my beloved LV Cherry Blossom papillon from me and held it lovingly while I tried the bum bag on! Such a sweetie. He also showed me how to wear the bum bag as a satchel instead of sitting it on my hips. Aah damn. I was so close to getting it.. but.. dammit. Reality check. Not much money left and I still have some Christmas presents to buy. And hey, gotta spend some at the Bloom stocktake warehouse sale tomorrow. I then wandered around the store for a bit and eyed a gorgeous tiny, beige suede/canvas with GG logo bag. Waaaaaaahhh drool worthy. Comes in beige, black and orange. Black was too boring. Beige has beautiful beige suede. Orange has frightful looking bright orange suede. I told the man I had to leave the store immediately before I started seeing more things I liked =)
I then made my way over to Boost Juice. Haha thanks to him, I'm now hooked onto Boost! When it's hot, there are 3 things I crave now (no longer 2) - ice lemon tea, ice peach tea and Boost's Strawberry Squeeze! After Boost, I made a quick stop at the newsagent and picked up the January 2004 copy of Vogue and also the latest copy of Shop Till You Drop. I was excited when I saw Gisele on the cover of Shop Till You Drop, but my heart sank when I saw how thrashy and cheap they made her look. Eurgh. Never could I imagine my dear Gisele looking cheap. It's shocking to know that the editorial board behind Shop Till You Drop actually want their magazine covers to look like that, as all previous issues feature thrashy looking women. But oh poor Gisele =( No woman deserves to look thrashy, especially not Gisele! Geez, come on people, she's like the perfect woman.
Got home and started flipping through both my magazines and finished off my Strawberry Squeeze. Not long after that I started feeling nauseous and dizzy. I've been having frequent headaches these few days, and all those vitamins and pills and aspirins I've been popping for the past few days don't seem to be working all that much. Mm I then went to lala-land for a bit before he came to fetch me to go to join the others at TGIF. It was a little get together dinner thingy/his early birthday thingy. Haha we were like an hour late though.
The dinner itself was good.. yummy food (I ordered "Mushroom, chicken, and mushroom" - hey that's the name), lots of chatting, lots of laughter, and lots of pictures taken! It's great being surrounded by nice people again. It made me happy to see him smiling away cheek to cheek for the entire night. It must be tough feeling happy because you're surrounded by all your friends, but feeling unhappy at the same time because you won't be seeing all these people for the next few months. Headed off to the airport after dinner to see him off.
It's strange how you hug someone during a certain period of you life, and you think he's the nicest person to hug in the entire world. After some time, you hug someone else, and suddenly, the first person isn't exactly the nicest person to hug in the entire world anymore. But then, the second one isn't either. And then you finally realize there's actually no such thing as the nicest person to hug in the entire world. It's all in the mind.
Thank you for giving me back the strength I lacked. Thank you for pushing me, even though I hated it when you did it. And I must say this again - thank you for being so kind towards me.
Woohoo I'm really excited about the Bloom stocktake warehouse sale tomorrow. I hope I'll be able to pick up some goodies. I've always seemed to miss out on Bloom's warehouse sales, I always find out too late somehow. Ho ho but not this time!
I'm counting down the days till my parents arrive. I miss them so.
Thank you Stephan Jenkins for writing such wonderful, honest lyrics. Man, I'd love to go out with this guy just so that he'll write songs for me like he did for Charlize Theron, hehe!
From
And I see you fogging up the mirror
Vapor around your body glistens in the shower
And I wanna stay right here
And go down on you for an hour
to
Well he's on the table and he's gone to code
And I do not think anyone knows
What they're doing here
And your friends have left you
You've been dismissed
I never thought it would come to this
And I want you to know
Everyone's got to face down the demons
Maybe today
You could put the past away
to
Everything is quiet since you're not around
And I live in the numbness now
In the background
I do the things we did before
I walk Haight Street to the store
And they say where's that crazy girl
You don't get drunk on red wine and fight no more
I don't see you anymore since the hospital
The plans I make still have you in them
'Cause you come swimming into view
Words they come and memories all repeat
I lift your head while they change the hospital sheets
And I would never lie to you no
I would never lie to you no
I felt you long after we were through, we were through
I only know because I carry you around
In the background
I'm way I'm way in the background
I'm in the background
to
I want someone to know me
Maybe tell me who I am
'Cause I've faced down my demons
And cried out to a god
A god I've never seen
And the world darkens around me
I want you to love me
Like you did before you knew me
And I never thought there'd be any help for somebody like me
A vacancy
to
The rise and fall of my sloppy love
The smatterings, and splatterings
They'll get you
I'm not the one you were thinking of
Maybe you thought I'd call
Instead of crashing down your hall
Hold me down, I wanna find out
You know you will never get what you need
Aah *smiles in bliss*
Oh, and gosh, thank you for the CD of mp3s. Listening to the songs alone can conjure up images of us cruising around in your car. I like one line from 50 Cent's 21 Questions in particular- "If I didn't smell so good, would you still hug me?" Okay, maybe that line doesn't even mean much compared to the other lines, but somehow it appeals a lot to me. Perhaps I can relate to it somehow. Especially when I remember a question she once asked me years ago, "If you didn't look the way you do, would you be where you are right now?" But, come on, what's the biggie, I'm so ordinary looking. If I were Gisele that would be a different thing. Woo Gisele. Gotta write about my little obsession with my favourite models sometime soon.
I
Currently listening to: Angie Martinez - If I Could Go (feat Lil' Mo & Sacario)
No comments:
Post a Comment