'Cuz all of the stars have faded away
Me and a whole bunch of other people.. we were sitting at the top of the stairs. She was there, she had gotten out of the hospital. She was there as well, somehow, I think she was here on holiday. He was there, he had just finished taking pictures of the interior of Macccas. I had a bag of Cheetos cheese strips in my hands and they tasted weird. I let her have some as they didn't have this in Japan, and I commented that the cheese and bacon balls taste heaps better.
Then I saw him rock up. He was wearing a Von Dutch cap. Ironic eh? He saw me and waved, I waved back. He started yelling something but I couldn't hear a thing, as there was just way too many people sitting on the stairs. I could only see his mouth move. I got up and moved my way over to where he was standing and offered him a cheese strip. He didn't want it, my offer was rejected as usual. Nothing new eh? He started to say something.. but couldn't finish.
"Go read my blog," he said.
"I've already read it," I said as-a-matter-of-factly.
"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry. It's just that.. we weren't doing anything.. y'know? I wasn't doing anything. You weren't doing anything. That standing still period was tough."
"Yeah I know.. hey it's okay, it's all good," I said.
"Yeah?" he said with a smile. "She's really pretty."
I smiled. "That's great.. good for you. Is she from Melbourne Uni as well?"
"Nah she's from the States."
"What? Gee that's going to be tough then."
"Yeah.. hey I gotta go to PSP. I'm late."
"Sure.. I'll see ya," I said with a half smile and turned to walk back up the stairs. As I got back to my seat, I watched him as he entered the classroom and disappeared. I took a look at my pink Tiffany & Co/Rolex watch (which one was it again?) and realized he was 20 minutes late for class.
"What happened?" she asked.
"He's found someone new," I answered.
And then I woke up.
Currently listening to: Usher - Burn
No comments:
Post a Comment